The Control System Technician is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor and the project manager responsible for associated projects. These tasks include: programming, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning and servicing of Building Automation Systems (BAS) controlling and monitoring commercial building HVAC equipment. This person should also maintain open communications, deliver top quality workmanship, develop customer relationships, and complete tasks/projects timely. The Control System Technician will receive support from the General Manager, Project Manager and other office personnel.
- Software programming.
- Database development and backups.
- Downloading programs to controllers.
- Setting up BAS servers.
- Equipment start-up and check out, including tuning control loops and calibrating field devices.
- Follow all standard installation procedures.
- Commission building controls system to meet project design.
- Ensure start-up/commissioning forms are completed for all projects.
- Complete project punch lists timely.
- Coordinate and document customer training.
- Mark up project drawings to document progress and changes.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Assist sales with estimates as needed.
- Complete service calls as assigned.
- Build and manage relationships with customers and contractors.
- Follow all ECSI and customer safety guidelines. Safety is a high priority for employees and customers.
- Practice and maintain ECSI core values: trust, honesty, integrity, and commitment.
- Maintain ECSI’s high level of quality installation and customer satisfaction.
- Look for, and suggest process improvements, both for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Deal with customer conflicts in a calm professional manner.
- Communicate openly with fellow employees.
- Ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Continue training and professional development.
- Respect company and customer property.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of control systems.
- Must be able to use a laptop computer running a windows operating system.
- Able to use the Microsoft Suite.
- Must clearly communicate in verbal and written form.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively with others.
- High School diploma and two year technical training certificate.
Please email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR press the "Apply Now" button at the top of the page.