The Control System Designer is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor and the project manager responsible for associated projects. These tasks include: development and design of Building Automation Systems (BAS) controlling and monitoring commercial building HVAC equipment. This person should also maintain open communications, deliver top quality workmanship, develop customer relationships, and complete tasks/projects timely. The Control System Designer will receive support from the General Manager, Project Manager and other office personnel.
- Develop control system shop drawings using company design standards.
- Develop and assemble control system submittal package.
- Organize and place material orders.
- Develop and deliver professional Request for Information documents (RFI)
- Point out opportunities for Change Orders (CO).
- Assist field personnel and answer project questions when needed.
- Coordinate and document customer training.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Assist sales with estimates as needed.
- Help to build and maintain relationships with customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Practice and maintain ECSI core values: trust, honesty, integrity, and commitment.
- Maintain ECSI’s high level of quality installation and customer satisfaction.
- Look for, and suggest process improvements, both for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Deal with customer conflicts in a calm professional manner.
- Communicate openly with fellow employees.
- Ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Continue training and professional development.
- Respect company and customer property.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of control systems.
- AutoCAD and Visio design tool experience recommended.
- Able to use the Microsoft Suite.
- Must clearly communicate in verbal and written form.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and project specifications.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively with others.
- High School diploma and two-year technical training certificate.
Please email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR press the "Apply Now" button at the top of the page.